Start a new topic

Missing Data - Urgent!

In one of our data stores the data has disappeared and we can no longer use our apps or Kinvey! What has happened???


Kashif the last update in the ticket was:


"If you hide the password field in the databrowser your other data will show without issue.


Also, can you please give me an example of a query that will fail via rest with no business logic?"


Please let me know.


Thanks,



Damien, I am working on it please hold on.
I should be able to get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks.

 

Hi Rob,


Can you share the Kinvey app id? Can you provide some more details on the timeline when this happened?


Regards,

Wani

Kinvey Support

kid_VeJr_VEMIO

First noticed yesterday morning at around 9:30 am. When I went to see the data in activation collection there are all the rows but the data columns are blank for all entities. The app was working ok a few minutes before that. How can the data disappear by itself? 

Hello Mr Freeman,


See the file attached below:  It appears as though the objects still have data in them, this could be a bug in the databrowser on the kinvey website, can you try logging out and back in again to see if that resolves your issue?


Based on the objects below can you tell me if you see any data missing?  


Thanks,


--Edit:  Screenshot removed --

Still occurs. From the .png it appears data is missing. There should be no blanks in the data fields and it looks like the password field is missing any data.

Kashif:  


Have you been able to find any queries that are not working as intended?


Thanks,

Work on this issue and will get back to you  soon.

Please hold on.

Anything yet? This has really created a problem for us so any resolution soon would be appreciated.

Mr Freeman, 


I edited out the password field as this forum is public, but it was intact.  Can you please tell me what data is missing?  And is it missing from every item?


Thanks,

Damien, Seems like your system eats up a post with Image inserted. This happened twice to me.
Please check it out too.
It is working ok now but could you please check why user fields are not showing in the query attached?
Thanks.

 

png
(21.1 KB)
Damien, the backend queries seem to work ok now.
On API console I use post and provide search criteria in the body then press send request, I am getting the entity but without user fields.

 

 

1) No user fields are showing data in the databrowser on kinvey site.

2) In one of our apps we can see all the data when we logon as master.

3) A hook in one of our collections find the data in the activation collection.

4) We also tried to query Activation entities in API Console and the entity exists but all user fields are absent from the result except the user field and data used as search criteria"
e,g. We searched on group_id = C5z_5rr4 and the result is:

{
"group_id": "C5z_5rr4",
"_acl": {
"creator": "kid_VeJr_VEMIO"
},
"_kmd": {
"lmt": "2015-12-28T21:18:27.477Z",
"ect": "2015-12-28T21:18:27.477Z"
},
"_id": "5681a72330bfee1c0604a69c"
}

correction

3) Suddenly a hook in one of our collections cannot find the data in the activation collection.

Login or Signup to post a comment