Start a new topic

Titanium 3.X SDK

Hello,

I've just started a new Appcelerator Titanium project and I'm trying to add Kinvey SDK to it. 

However, the app throws an error at start and the only thing that I have in my app is the SDK. No extra code, nothing. And I've even removed the "init" method. Only the require() remained. 

I've tried with different versions, for example:

v3.0.0-beta17 throws:

[ERROR] : Script Error {

[ERROR] : column = 134;

[ERROR] : line = 4532;

[ERROR] : message = "Can't find variable: Symbol";

v3.1.0 throws:

[ERROR] : Script Error {

[ERROR] : column = 168;

[ERROR] : line = 23768;

[ERROR] : message = "Super expression must either be null or a function, not undefined";

I've even tried with different versions of Titanium SDK, 5.4, 5.3, 5.1, etc

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who do not already know, the Titanium SDK v3.2.1 has been released and can be found at the following URL for download.

3.2.1 - Oct 6, 2016

Enhancement: Added the ability to do interactive push notifications.

Enhancement: Default apiHostname protocol to https: if one is not provided.

Bugfix: Fix push notifications.

Bugfix: Prevent delta fetch from loading all entities when they are not needed.

Regards,

Billy Gee

Hi,

i saw there was an update on the Titanium github Project - is this already the official "new" Release for the Titanium Kinvey SDK ?

2 Notes:
- After login a user and restart the app, the "activeuser" is always null. Is this the correct behavier?
- Setting the Log-Level (like documented) isn't possible and results in an error that the function is undefined. 

Best, Nico

Hello Nico,

Our regrets, but this fix has pushed out until October 1, 2016. The engineer is finishing up the solution and we need some additional time to test due to the complexity.

We will update you once the release is available. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Billy Gee

Hey,

any news on this? :) Since it's wednesday, i guess there are still problems?

Best, Nico

Hey,

thanks for the update! :) 

Hello Mihai and Everyone,

We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this problem. I just spoke with Engineering and they are going to have to delay this update. The problem turned out to be more complicated than originally thought and we had to engage the Appcelerator team to assist with a Titanium bug.

The revised target date for a new update is Tuesday of next week, September, 27, 2016, Eastern Time. We will try to release it sooner if at all possible.

Please let us know if anyone has any questions.

Regards,

Billy Gee

The mid-week goal is here...

1 person likes this

Hey @all - any news around? 

Best, Nico

Hello Mihai,

Thank you for the quick reply. We will let you know when we have a target date and/or update available.

Regards,

Billy

Hey Billy,

4 days ago, when I opened the ticket. As I've said, I've tried with all the 3.X versions and with Ti SDK I've reached 5.1.0 and nothing works. Not even one combination of Kinvey and Ti SDK

Hello Mihai,

How long have you seen this problem?

Regards,

Billy

Every time I saw a notification I was hoping it was fixed :)

I wonder how this got past the QA for so many versions...

Hello Nico,

I want to follow up on Wani's update. Engineering has confirmed that there will be an update of the Titanium SDK sometime next week. Their goal is mid-week or sooner if possible.

We will let you know if that changes and confirm when it is available for download.

Regards,

Billy

Hi Nico,

The Engineering team is still working on this. While they are past the initial issues, there still are some other issues with Titanium.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an update/ETA on this.

Regards,
Wani

Anything new on this? Would like to use "the new Stuff".

Login or Signup to post a comment