Start a new topic
Answered

iOS push notification setup not accepting my certificate

I want to set up my app for push notification and am following the respective guide. 

After exporting my .p12 file from the keychain certificate, valid for Distribution and until next year, I am trying to upload it to kinvey after clicking the configure push button. When uploading I get the message "There was an internal server error when processing your push configuration." and a message in a pop-up window saying among others: "you provided a certificate of type OTHER which cannot be used to create an application of type iOS Production...." (details see screenshot). 

I have no idea why kinvey thinks it's not a production certificate... 

Anyone can help? I checked the forum but could not see anything with the same problem...

png
(6.58 MB)

Best Answer

Hello Arnold,

Please follow the instructions given on this link generating .12 certificates and let me know if it works or not. Few questions for you:

1. For which app you are facing this issue "Expense Reporter - Tutorial App" or "BizVocabularyBuilder"?
  2. If my suggested link doesn't help then can you please elaborate the steps you followed to generate  .p12 certificate?

I generated a new .p12 certificate for development from scratch. Uploaded it on Kinvey console Push configuration and it was accepted successfully. Steps included:

1. Creating a CSR from the Keychain Access
  2. Generating and downloading a new APNS development certificate from my Apple Developer account
  3. Converting the .cer file to a .p12 certificate.

Thanks,

Pranav

Kinvey

Hello Arnold,

When you create the .p12 certificate you must create a Production .p12 certificate if the app is to be a Production app.

Can you attach a screenshot of the push configuration page so that we can see the values that you are entering into the push configuration screen fields? Perhaps that will tell us something.

Regards,

Billy Gee

Answer

Hello Arnold,

Please follow the instructions given on this link generating .12 certificates and let me know if it works or not. Few questions for you:

1. For which app you are facing this issue "Expense Reporter - Tutorial App" or "BizVocabularyBuilder"?
  2. If my suggested link doesn't help then can you please elaborate the steps you followed to generate  .p12 certificate?

I generated a new .p12 certificate for development from scratch. Uploaded it on Kinvey console Push configuration and it was accepted successfully. Steps included:

1. Creating a CSR from the Keychain Access
  2. Generating and downloading a new APNS development certificate from my Apple Developer account
  3. Converting the .cer file to a .p12 certificate.

Thanks,

Pranav

Kinvey

Dear Pranav, 

thank you for the step by step instructions. The error message disappeared and I could upload my newly created p12 file. 

I will try to implement push in the next few days and hope it works. 

Best, 

Arnold

Arnold,

That's a great news. Glad to hear that. Let me know if you face any issues while implementing push.

Thanks,

Pranav

Kinvey

Login or Signup to post a comment