Start a new topic
Answered

How to reset Android Studio to previous version

I recently recklessly updated AS from 3.0.1 to 3.1, but project manager says 3.0.1 is the version to be worked with in our project. 

Is there a way to reset AS to version 3.0.1 without having to uninstall it?

Best Answer

Joseph,

The first step would be to take a backup of your project. 

IMP Note: If you are going to uninstall the Android Studio, please do not forget to unselect/ uncheck Android SDK. Similarly, when installing the older(required) version, unselect/uncheck Android SDK and provide the path of your already downloaded Android SDK. This will save you from deleting and downloading the SDK.

Try the following steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Uninstall the current version (v3.1) from your system.
  2. I think you will have to download the required version (v3.0.1) from the official android studio website and install it.

Thanks,

Pranav

Answer

Joseph,

The first step would be to take a backup of your project. 

IMP Note: If you are going to uninstall the Android Studio, please do not forget to unselect/ uncheck Android SDK. Similarly, when installing the older(required) version, unselect/uncheck Android SDK and provide the path of your already downloaded Android SDK. This will save you from deleting and downloading the SDK.

Try the following steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Uninstall the current version (v3.1) from your system.
  2. I think you will have to download the required version (v3.0.1) from the official android studio website and install it.

Thanks,

Pranav

Hey Pranav, Thanks for the step by step suggestion. Works like a charm! 

See: official guide

Login or Signup to post a comment