As of April 12th, you must go to Progress SupportLink to create new support cases or to access existing cases. Please, bookmark the SupportLink URL and use the new portal to contact the support team.
Thanks for the reply Garo - looking forward to the nested collections functionality as it progresses!
Regarding my issues with the QR Scanner - I have found that deleting the data via my android for both the Scanner and Preview apps sometimes triggers the scanner to work once it has stopped, however, sometimes this doesn't work and I have to delete the platforms folder. Once I delete it I then have to manually added via the terminal and tns add platform android, as I haven't been able to force a rebuild via Kinvey studio. I'm just wondering should Kinvey Studio check and rebuild the platform if I have deleted it,either when the Generate option is clicked, or when opening the preview on mobile?
Apologies for taking so long to respond to those questions. I have addressed only the questions that were not responded in the separate ticket that you submitted.
About the questions:
1. I'm definitely interested in the ability to infer and generate complex data types from the Kinvey backend collection
With version 1.2.0 of Kinvey Studio we introduced the first half of this feature and the second is still work in progress. If you have records with nested objects in your backend and Sync them in Kinvey Studio, you'll get metadata on all fields, including the nested ones. Once you have done that, you can bind from those nested objects to specific components such as AutoComplete and ListView. The second part of this feature will introduce the option to bind those nested objects to the Grids and Forms, as well as the option to modify them through the Collections view in Kinvey Studio.
2. I've exported a mobile view - and found where it is located in the source code, however, how do I reuse the template, is there an import button somewhere?
As you are probably already aware, when you export a view, it is placed in the templates\snapshot folder of the current project. You can then take it from there and move it to the templates\views folder of a different project (or the same if you want to reuse it there). At this point, you should be seeing the template in the Add View view.
3. Input validator properties - this sounds great, love to use this (Actually - have just stumbled upon the new fields on the Property Editor - looks pretty easy!)
This doesn't sound like a question, still, currently this feature is available only for mobile but will soon be introduced for web as well. It supports all defined Angular validations for Reactive Forms - https://angular.io/api/forms/Validators, and should be quite straightforward to use.
About the bugs:
1. I have used the custom HTML to add the group template so that I can apply styles to the Group Header of my list. This is working, however, I think there is a bug in Kinvey Studio, as follows. I open up the code editor to customize the HTML and click save. I often don't think to click the Save button again on the parent form, and if I don't, then the code doesn't regenerate and I can't get the new HTML to appear in the tns.html file. I have to re-enter the custom HTML editor, make a change, save, then save the parent form, for the change to propagate. Not a major issue, just a minor annoyance that has taken a bit of time to sort out.
We are aware of this behavior and understand that having to click two separate Save buttons is a bit confusing. The issue originates from the fact that the code editing view is opened in a separate window. Nevertheless, we are looking for ways to make this work as expected, so you can await a fix in one of the upcoming versions of the Studio.
2. A few times a day the QR Code scanner won't scan. I hold the camera to the QR code, jiggle it, move it in and out - nothing. I shut down both the Scanner and the Preview apps - reopen - nothing. Clear the data from both apps, re-open - try to scan - nothing. Put the phone down - and then randomly the scanner appears. Most times, I can scan the code, however, sometimes, it just keeps beeping, and won't scan. I redo all the steps, then I think the thing that finally works is that I open the Preview app and allow the default Kinvey App to load, after which I then shut everything down and restart. it's very hard to really understand what is the trigger that stops the scanner working, and then makes it restart. This happens as I said a couple of times a day, and can take up to 20 minutes of fiddling around to get it to work again. So -does this happen with any of your team? It's extremely frustrating! Is there a correct order of steps I must take so that the scanner and preview apps don't get corrupted?
This is one issue that we were not able to reproduce no matter what we tried. With this in mind, I cannot really give you a set of steps that you could use to avoid the described behavior. Can you tell me on what device are you testing and its OS version, so I can investigate this further?
I hope this is of any help.