Start a new topic

Backbone library query, possible to use a projection? (select only specific fields)

Hi,

i would like to do a query where i select a specific set of attributes of a model instead of fetching the whole object.

I did not found anything about this in the documentation

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the update!
Jonas, the 1.1.7 version of the library contains the [Field Selection feature](http://devcenter.kinvey.com/guides/datastore#FieldSelection).
Jonas, I prioritized this feature, and it will be available mid next week. I’ll keep this thread updated.
Just wanted to ask when this feature will/planned to be available as i don't find any roadmap on the site and it would save me a lot of work :)
Great!
Yes, it’s already on our roadmap as more people asked for it.
Just wanted to ask if this can be tagged as a feature request? I think it can give many benefits when it's supported.
If you are indeed seeing delays in retrieving data, storing them separately is indeed the best way to go.
Thanks. Basically i have an object with some basic fields and a field which has a lot of text (css), and when i fetch several of these it takes quite long before i retrieve them, while i actually just want to list the basic fields of the object.

Another solution i could do is store the big field in a new collection and put a reference to it in the object. This might be the best solution i guess.. :)
This is currently not supported by the Backbone library. As an alternative, you could add a post-fetch hook stripping out the fields you don’t want to retrieve. What is your main concern with selecting all fields?
Login or Signup to post a comment